I think Hiccup and Astrid are the best animated couple ever.
I love how their relationship isn’t a major plot point for the films. Astrid isn’t there as a reward for the hero, she is also his best friend (next to Toothless of course). She didn’t stop being a warrior after she became a love interest (and Hiccup wouldn’t want her to, he loves her for it).
They talk about their problems. They fight their enemies together. And they trust each other.
Something that I’m just noticing from these gifs. They actually lean their cheeks into the kisses, opposed to just letting the other do all the work. That’s something actual couples do when they know each other well enough to know it’s coming. I love this.
the comments are making me emotional
- the couslands - bc yo it’s pretty fucked up that if you’re a black cousland your parents are inexplicably white~
- female proportions fix - bc nobody wants yaoi hands and orangutan arms
- pineappletree’s vibrant colors - absolutely necessary, adds a ton of colors to the cc
- more hairstyles - bc hairstyles
- dahlialynn’s alistair epilogue - bc you deserve a royal wedding
- jb3textures - bc why not make everything prettier
- no gibbing - bc i like not to end up with organs on my face
- skip the fade - bc it’s COMPLETELY NECESSARY AND I WILL FIGHT YOU
- lock bash - bc i’m pretty sure i don’t need nimble rogue fingers to get into a box when i have the greatsword starfang
- no helmet hack - bc mage hats are ugly and executioner’s masks are distracting as shit
- white teeth - bc fuck vaguely medieval realism, there is definitely a teeth whitening potion in thedas okay
- the phoenix armory set - bc you want your lady rogue to be as fashionable as she is deadly
- improved warden’s oath - bc when you survive your joining you deserve a better locket full of tainted icky blood
- look hair - bc even more hairstyles
- chargen compiler - as stated in my previous modpost, totally obligatory if you have more than one mod that affects character creation
- increased stack size to 9999 - bc the busy warden on the go doesn’t have time to manage her non stacking identical health potions there’s a blight on nugbuster
- weapon vfx remover - bc the falling snowflakes and crackling lightning are entertaining at first but at a certain point you want to have a single cutscene where your face isn’t demonically lit from behind by your fire bespelled daggers
- adapted cooldown - bc i’m a cheaty cheaterface and i don’t have time to wait for below the belt to cool down
- skip fight - bc the above cheating wasn’t enough and you literally don’t even want to deal with the fight (works on the high dragon on the sacred ashes quest, ser cauthrien, and yes, the archdemon and all the mooks in between)
- all recipes - bc your warden is a giant nerd who knows how to make literally everything (console)
- bodahn tweaks - bc if that guy really wanted to show his gratitude he would haggle less
- kirkwall exports - bc your warden (or alistair, or morrigan, or anyone) is a total clotheshorse for those free marcher fashions (console)
- expanded inventory - bc why bother with backpacks when you can cheat!
- extra dog slot - bc you rescued that dog/grew up with that dog and neither of you wants to leave the other’s side
- madd gift guide - bc how were you supposed to guess that sten wanted the goose girl painting (note: WILL spoil the name of the secret companion in the item description so not for first time players)
- awakening gift guide - bc you only have so much time with these companions so you can’t afford to fuck this up if you want full approval
- morrigan restoration patch - bc the one constant in this life is needing more complete morrigan scenes
- awakenings silverite mines bug fix - bc you don’t want to throw your pc across the room once you lose all your loot
- zdf dialogue fix - bc you want all your companion dialogues to be as complete and accurate as possible
- a ring from alistair - bc somewhere in the denerim marketplace dude managed to distract your warden long enough to clandestinely buy an engagement ring
- improved alistair romance - bc you deserve snuggles, and a more complete dialogue path
- zevran romance scenes - bc you deserve more zev smooches
- universal dye kit - bc if you want to run around thedas looking like a power ranger then god damn it that’s your right (you can also use it less flamboyantly but what even is the point)
- dahlialynn’s sleep until dawn - bc maximum snuggling with your LI/faithful mabari
- hairstyle day - bc i’m pretty sure you STILL NEED MORE HAIRSTYLES
- anto hairstyles - awkward cough
- stamina potion recipe - bc there’s nothing wrong with performance enhancement as long as you’re using it to end a blight
- mabari recolors - bc maybe your boopy is a husky, and why the hell wouldn’t he be (over a dozen breed redesigns, will change all mabari models in the game)
- lotc hairstyle collection - look what do you want from me, i like hairstyles
- camp merchant chest - i forgot this was even a mod, that’s how essential it is and how silly that it wasn’t in the game in the first place
EDITED TO ADD (9/27/13)
- grey wardens of ferelden - bc the grey warden armor from da2’s legacy dlc is FOOOINE (console)
- equal love - bc some dudes love alistair and some ladies love morrigan and who can blame them really
- the witcher 2 dao - bc everyone needs more roguish armor sets and that’s a fact (console)
EDITED TO ADD SOME MORE (9/20/14)
adding two of my must-haves because no one ever includes them in these roundups:
- anyone can marry alistair - bc everyone deserves to marry him, regardless of race or gender. (note: the Royal Wedding epilogue mod listed above will only work with female Couslands, by design.)
- polygamey [sic] - bc compulsory monogamy is the fucking pits. this mod allows for romancing multiple LIs to completion. bc of the nature of the hack it will suppress some additional dialogue besides the jealous talks, but it’s usually crap you don’t want to hear as a polyamorous Warden anyway.
and a couple of newer ones:
- leliana romance scenes - bc gdi, the boys shouldn’t get all the extra LI content.
- alistair’s dark ritual - bc no one should have to sit through that scene if they don’t want to. swaps the vanilla scene with Morrigan and Alistair for a tender one with him and the Warden if he’s romanced.
- free love is a lesser-known alternative to equal love listed above, but I find that it works much better in a heavily modded game. this mod is how I get my lesbian sex magic on with Morrigan for the Dark Ritual.
do you ever wonder what people who aren’t in your fandom think of your otp like ”oh the gay werewolf and hyperactive freckled kid are back on my dash again. I hope they’re doing well.”
(tags by Felicitysmock)